Food brands we cannot substitute with own brand copies

There's no problem bringing razors on a plane in your hand luggage. I do it every week.

There's no problem bringing razors on a plane in your hand luggage. I do it every week.

That doesn't sound right?, fairly sure it says no explosives, guns, knives, razors....

I thought even the humble nail scissors was off limits. A razor blade of the type I used to use would be a dangerous article on a plane.

Head n Shoulders, great product for the dandruff.

Tesco own brand anti dandruff shampoo ain't worth a cuss!

Funny thing about head and shoulders,was stuck once for shampoo and found a bottle belonging to my then flat mate,used it and had dandruff for weeks after...never had it before or since.

Just remembered another mate of mine who swore blind that fairy liquid was the best "shampoo" he ever tried,afaik he still uses it.

That doesn't sound right?, fairly sure it says no explosives, guns, knives, razors....

I thought even the humble nail scissors was off limits. A razor blade of the type I used to use would be a dangerous article on a plane.

I'm talking about the standard safety blade that most people use.

Flahavan's Porridge hard to replace with own brand.
This is true. In fact this has become one of the things I try to buy when I'm home to bring back here with me. Yes, I can get all sorts of brands of oats here but Flahavan's wins hand down. Had a friend staying with me a while back who wanted to know where I'd gotten my porridge as it tasted so much better than any she had (and since she takes it made with water and salt rather than properly with milk and sugar I made her prepare it herself so it definintely wasn't just my superior cooking skills. ).

I've used Lidl razor blades for years. I couldn't go on any more with those expensive Wilkinkson Sword and Gillette ones.

I got some decent compost in Lidl recently, came from Newbridge. It is the same as the semi-state body.

I used to buy a fruit loaf in the supermarket a few years back. Tesco did their own brand. I couldn't find any difference between the two apart from the price and wrapper. Identical ingredients, size, texture etc