Font increase in Google search bar?!

me too. i thought my eyesight had dramatically improved overnight.

http://mashable.com/2009/09/09/google-supersized/

What’s better than a search box with two buttons? A bigger search box with two buttons, says Google([broken link removed]).
Today the search giant implemented and announced a subtle but noticeable change to the size of the search text field on the Google home page: it’s bigger. It also features a larger font size as you type in the field, with correspondingly larger text for Google Suggest results below (that are occasionally good for a laugh).

The company says the reason behind the change is to remind us that Google’s focus is on search. That’s a relief, because with that smaller text box in place before, we just weren’t sure. Check out a visual comparison of the before and after below.
http://www.seroundtable.com/archives/019327.html

Thanks

Well that's a relief - I thought I had been infected by a particularly benign and helpful virus.

I don't really like it BTW - it looks like Google for pensioners or something.

I have it a work but not at home!

I think it might have something to do with your screen resolution.

I dont like the new font either. Why not just let the user dermine the font size using preferences.

Yes I have it also. Now I have to apologise to my hubby.....blamed him for messing around with the fonts on my laptop.:eek:

Not sure if this will help anyone but as a quick workaround you can hold down your Ctrl button and use your middle mouse button to scroll down which will have the effect of zooming/shrinking the resolution/fonts/screen you can also go the other way to increase everything.

I thought I was going mad and clicked something I shouldn't have when but couldn't find anything out of order. Is there any way to get rid of it? I don't like it. Far too big.
The size it was was fine.

Not sure it's based on resolution of screen size. Have a 15" laptop with display at 1280x800 pixels and normal web browser size at medium.

Tried to get it smaller even messed around with the smaller size for webpages, which go v small but not the text in the google search button unfortunately.

Tried that workaround but not got a mouse and it's akward on the pad. Have a mate in google will text and see what are they upto and can it be worked around.

Back