Fog lamps ..........they do what is says on the tin.

lz1

I know that this is not the correct thread but I dont have access to "letting off steam" but for me it really bugs me that people drive around with their fog lamps on all the time.

Turn them off if there is no fog ie. 99.98% of the time.

Please note the . This thread has been moved to Letting Off Steam so you will not be able to contribute until you have gained access to this forum.

its dangerous as well but I've never seen a garda stopping someone over it.
Someone told me once that a few car manufacturers have made it so you have to physically turn them on each time just in case you put them on once and forget forever that they are on..

podgerodge said:
its dangerous as well but I've never seen a garda stopping someone over it.
I did hear of a Garda car who drove on someone's tail with their full beam headlights on for some time before telling them that the purpose was to show them what they were doing to other cars with their fog lights.

are you talking about rear or front fogs? Rear fogs are a real pain in the ar** unless someone is tailgaiting you in which case they can be brilliant. Front fogs on the other hand are brilliant. I had them on my last motor and never needed to go to heads so no dipping when oncoming traffic appeared. Illegal I know but they were so low to the road that they couldnt possibly annoy oncoming drivers.

I hate it when people drive around with their front fog lights on. It DOES annoy me whether it is oncoming cars or a car behind me. They are for use in (heavy) fog or falling snow. That’s it. Turn them off at all other times.
The worst is when a car just has their sidelights and fog lights on and thinks it looks good. It doesn’t and it’s dangerous as oncoming cars may have difficulty judging how far away your car is.
Some people refer to them as “spotlights”. Since there is no requirement for a car to “spot” objects in the sky or at sea manufacturers do not install spotlights. They are fog lights, for use during fog etc. It’s that simple.
I think that everyone knows that rear fog lights should only be used in heavy fog. I don’t think that people who leave them on are rude, I think that are just really stupid.

That means that you are as opinionated as me extopia. I'm not sure if that's a good thing...

Back