Flying to Rome for 6 nations with Aer Lingus

Cornie

I've flights booked to Rome for 6 nations match on Sat week. We are flying out on Sat morning at 7am. I'm getting concerned now that we won't make it as our flight might be cancelled. I haven't arranged travel insurance yet as I normally just do this a few days before I go away. Can anyone tell me if my flight is cancelled if I'll be able to claim back my hotel costs and match ticket costs on my travel insurance and who would be a good company to get this insurance from?

I'll be gutted if we don't get to go, but I'll be totally devastated if we also lose all the money we've paid. I scrimped and saved for months for this trip and cannot afford to lose it...

Given that the flight you're going to be on is likely to be full I'd doubt very much that it will be cancelled - however if the industrial action escalates then you could be in trouble. I'd say that the only flights being cancelled are those that aren't full.

The fact that the industrial action is in force and flights are already being cancelled means getting travel insurance at this stage may be ineffective. you should always take out the insurance once the flight/holiday is booked but just take it out for the dates of the trip.

I haven't arranged travel insurance yet as I normally just do this a few days before I go away.

I know that it is no good to you now, but surely once you have paid out for the trip, you should be insured against cancellation .

I know that it is no good to you now, but surely once you have paid out for the trip, you should be insured against cancellation .

Absolutely. It doesn't cost extra to pay for travel insurance for a single trip from when you book it compared to when you travel...if it's single trip you insure the trip. Or better yet get an annual policy. For about €50 for a couple,if you have health insurance, you can get an annual policy that covers all your travel and will even cover trips of 2 nights or more within Ireland provided the accommodation is pre-booked.

Back