Flying to Farp Portugul

dingdong

Hi All

Looking advice , wife & 2 Boys ( 3 & 1) & I flying to Faro in May for a week with ryan air.

That was the easy bit, trying find where to go is difficult. I dont trust all those review websites.

We want resort less than 1 hour from airport.

Maybe nice part of Albuferia ?, Has anyone been recently with kids looking close to beach and able to have a nice meal at night.

Please help ........ fed up searching!!!!. Any help appreciated

HELP

Albufeira perfect. Less than an hour from Faro. Plenty of good accomodation. Loads of restaurants in old part and 'Strip.' Restaurants in old part better and excellent value. Travel around in the little train - buy a daily ticket which gives unlimited travel. There is an excellent holiday park about half hour from Albefuira, cannot think of name but it is well advertised - buy an all in one ticket for transport and admission to all attractions. A must for adults and children - full days entertainment, shows, rides etc. I brought the grandchildren last year and the whole holiday excellent.

Can highly recommend Caraveiro which is approx 40 mins or so from airport. Its a smaller village then Albufeira, beautiful views and beaches carved into cliffs. Lovely family oriented restaurants, quite a few Irish pubs, near to the water parks etc. All in all it doesn't get the young drinking crowd that Albufeira gets (Albufeira approx half an hour away), has more a family feel to it. I'll be there a couple of times this year

fallesia is very nice - and near enough to go to albufeira but would not recommend staying there.

We go to portugal all the time - if you're thinking of renting a car you wont do better than cartrawlers. Enjoy!!

Can highly recommend Caraveiro which is approx 40 mins or so from airport. Its a smaller village then Albufeira, beautiful views and beaches carved into cliffs.

one of the best holidays i ever has was in caraveiro about 8 yeard ago and rented a villa. best place from faro, but better with rented car.

saying that i know tend to head into spain (40 mins from faro airport) and stay in ayamonte. small spanish town with relatively few tourists, but need wee bit of spanish from here on in