Flying from Ireland-US - can we check straight through from Galway?

Bluebean

hi all,

As stated in previous post, I'm flying from Dublin to Las Vegas via Atlanta airport in November.

I would really like to take the aer arann flight from Galway to Dublin rather than travel up by car/train with luggage.

Is it possible to check our bags in in Galway and have them go straight through to Vegas? Or what would our best option be?

thanks

hi all,

As stated in previous post, I'm flying from Dublin to Las Vegas via Atlanta airport in November.

I would really like to take the aer arann flight from Galway to Dublin rather than travel up by car/train with luggage.

Is it possible to check our bags in in Galway and have them go straight through to Vegas? Or what would our best option be?

thanks

Afraid not as far as I know. Aer Arann don't have code share agreements with Aer Lingus, Delta etc. There are rumours that Aer lingus are thinking of having one though. It is still easy enough to fly up with the bags, collect them, put them on a trolley and check in for the States.

I would never trust a low fare carrier to get me connected to an international flight, also Galway has rep for cancelling flights because runway was wet so could not take off/land.
Aer arran will charge you a fortune to put your bags in hold, my advice would be get bus up. You can pack as many bags as you like onto bus and no extra charge-very handy when coming back from states with all them goodies.

I would never trust a low fare carrier to get me connected to an international flight, also Galway has rep for cancelling flights because runway was wet so could not take off/land.
Aer arran will charge you a fortune to put your bags in hold, my advice would be get bus up. You can pack as many bags as you like onto bus and no extra charge-very handy when coming back from states with all them goodies.

Aer Arran don't charge for checking in luggage and I travel the route the fair bit and have never had problems with reliability. Having said that, the bus direct to the airport probably is easier and cheaper!

Thanks for all the replies.

After travelling from the States, the last thing I'd want is another 3.5 - 4 hours on a bus, so it will def be aer arann on the way back.

From experience, I've never had problems with reliability from Aer Arann, so far anyway.

thanks again.

Back