flyer/leaflet

SARAHPMAN

Hi

My partner is hopeing to do a leaflet drop in the next couple of months and was looking for some advice.

background: carpentry company, doors, wooden floors, custom cabinets and storage solutions, decking, fitting kitchens, wardrobes etc...

i was just wondering did anyone have any thoughts on how to make a flyer successfull?
try to get attention and make sure they are not just thrown in the bin straight away.

i was hoping also to get some advice on a designer.

I got my business cards printed on printing.ie and was impressed with the service but i am not sure what they are like as designers.
anyone any experience with this?
or could recommend any designers that wouldn't be too expensive.
would consider design student. if anyone is interested pm me.

regards

Sarah

Forget about fancy artwork, a simple good letter on high quality paper or postcards is better.

Dear House Owner,

The number one feature that puts people off buying a house is bad DIY jobs.

I am a professional carpenter, with over X years experience and full references from happy clients.

I will provide you with a free no obligation quote on any job you need fixed or undertaken.

Simply call me on 086 1234567 to discuss your needs.

I look forward to talking with you.

John Carpenter
1 The Estate
(always include a physical address, give reassurance)
The long road
Dublin 3.

P.S. 10% discount for the month of February
(always use a ps a people can scan over the main contents but always read a ps)

Sarah - hhhhhhhh makes a lot of sense.

However, if you want to go to the other extreme, and see what a quote for design would look like, contact the likes of:

RMG Target
Dialogue Marketing
Proximity
Direct Brand
Creative Solutions
- or check the full listing on the Irish Direct Marketing Association's website: [broken link removed]

From my experience, these companies (I am not affiliated with any) can come up with amazing ideas that you would never think of.

However, if you use their design services you have to pay the rates... anywhere from 100-300 per hour. You could end up spending at least 2-5k on designing a campaign, let alone the print costs (do NOT get these designers to print the materials for you - go to a printer or do it yourself).

Maybe the solution is try the low cost route first, see does that work... if the work is not coming in, have a rethink and see if it's worth investing in the design service.

Back