flowers - where to get them

S

schoodles

anyone know of anywhere that I can get flowers that don't cost an arm and leg for Valentines day -

not being unromantic but realise when I'm being ripped off

flowers

Have a look in the flower market in Smithfield (behind the motor tax office, chancery street) I'd prob go the day before, earlier the better, they only open til lunch. There are a few dealers in there so price them all.

Re: flowers

Have a look in the flower market in Smithfield (behind the motor tax office, chancery street)

Sorry to be pedantic but, in spite of many people mistakenly calling it so, that's not Smithfield at all (Smithfield being a bit further to the west and the other side of Church Street), but the [broken link removed] around Mary's Abbey/Little Mary Street.

Lidl/Aldi have some good deals in cut flowers too.

flowers....

Do any of your neighbours have a nice rose garden?

Re: flowers....

Aldi selling bunch of red roses for 10.99 on 10th feb.

I get a nice bunch of flowers along with my shoping in Aldi every week for less than €6.00 for the luxury bunches. The flowers are lovely and it's a nice change to have fresh flowers. So even if you don't find the red roses one of the other bunches are lovely as well.

flowers

there is an online company based in Dublin who I have used - Sheilas Flowers. They also do vases and small gifts. they deliver in the Dublin area.

ye i was sick and tired of being ripped off for valentines flowers.. last year i got a flyer about valentines roses direct from a wholesaler, they were only 55 euro and they delivered them for me, i got a text reminder off the same company yesterday, u can phone wayne on 086 3042928, or order at [email protected], i was very impressed last year and ive all ready ordered again. i hate rip-off ireland!! any similar valentines deals let us know

Hi Ciaran - No disrespect intended, but readers may take a recommendation from a first-time poster with a pinch of salt.

I live in south dublin and I too have received a flyer in my door regarding this same offer as above. it is E55 for 12 roses including delivery... this seems very reasonable considering prices charged these days? I know people in my estate have ordered from them last year and were very happy with the service? the details were phone 0863042928 or email [email protected] what do people think?

I can't believe anyone thinks €55 is cheap for 12 roses. I've always found the price of Valentines related stuff to just not be worth it. There are so many different ways to be romantic that don't cost the earth - nicest thing I ever saw someone do was my dad, just before going to work one morning writing I love you in between the lines of a shopping list that had been left out overnight. It's the thought that counts!

why not pick them up off the ladies on grafton street?

Im just wondering did anyone else ring and order fround the offer above? i.e. E55 for a dozen roses including delivery.... what was the feed back?

Hi Leo - To be honest, a 2nd recommendation from a very new user for a specific service provider is more likely to put off discerning readers rather than encourage them - Just seems a bit spammy to me.

M&S

I think marks and spencer do great flowers at reasonable prices.

Back