florida Q

steve1234

I got a free holiday to florida but i have to choose between the following locations.
Could anybody recommend one? i know nothing about florida.
Somewhere with nightlive and beaches bit of culture if possible

Orlando, FL, USA
Kissimmee, FL, USA
Poinciana, FL, USA
Daytona Beach, FL, USA
Palm Coast, FL, USA
Clermont, FL, USA
Poinciana, FL, USA
Lauderdale, FL, USA
Ormond Beach, FL, USA
Marco Island, FL, USA
Cape Canaveral, FL, USA
Pompano Beach, FL, USA
Fort Walton Beach, FL, USA
Panama City Beach, FL, USA
Pompano Beach, FL, USA
Vero Beach, FL, USA
Hollywood, FL, USA

Congrats! I was in west coast of Florida and the Keys before but don't know a whole lot about the places you have mentioned! Lauderdale looks like it's close to Miami which could be a bit of fun! Are you going as a single person or as a family? This would impact on choice of location.

Orlando is inland and full of theme parks, Disney, Universal studios etc etc, brilliant for kids!
For night life, I guess Miami would be tops, especially if you like it with a latin tinge. Indeed a little spanish goes a long way in Florida. The Keys are fantastic, esp Key West and the night life ain't half bad either!
You'll have to hire a car, everybody drives in Florida! no public transport worth talking about, so get out and drive about! Do the keys, drive into the Everglades national park and get out on the swamps on an airboat. Drive along aligator alley to the East coast, there's a fab Salvador Dali museum in St Petersburg for some culture, great beach too.
There's the Kennedy space centre, great sea fishing, fab golf courses, carribean cruises from Miami(v.cheap this year!)
I like Florida!

I lived in Hollywood FL for a while....its nice between Fort Lauderdale (highly recommend for a holiday) and Miami. You can have a great holiday there....nice beaches, a trip on the Intercoastal, nightlife in Ft Lauderdale or Miami. When you say Lauderdale in your post is it Lauderdale on sea or Fort Lauderdale.....highly recommend the latter

hi thanks for the tips - just to answer a few questions. single so theme parks on my own are not so appealing.Love spanish people/language being trying to learn it for the last year so that not so bad. Not so interested in oranges, alligators or old people - well maybe some oranges..
its Lauderdale on sea instead of fort Lauderdale.
So by the sounds of it the closer i can get to miami the better - i will pull out google maps and have a look
Many thanks for the replies