Florida/Orlando/Disneyworld

Ash

My brother is considering the idea of taking his family (2 AD, 2 CH) to Florida for a week but he has very little knowledge of the best times to go, where to fly in and out of, car hire, hotel versus house, buying a package v DIY seperate bookings, etc. Naturally he'd like to get a good deal if he can.
I've checked out the key posts here on AAM and saw a recommendation for orlandovillas.com. But there was little else there regarding the queries mentioned above.
Does any contributor have pointers to share? All tips and guidance would be gratefully received.

There is a lot to do in Florida, where are you going to are you doing the Theme Parks in Orlando?

Ash,

If you run the AAM search function there are also further threads on this subject besides the key posts.

Hi Ash,

Firstly, is a week long enough for such a long trip?
He should go to his local travel agent and pretend that he is going to book with them and ask about best times, weather, hurricanes, location, etc.
I find fodors.com very good for travel queries.

BTW, I had a look at the orlandovillas site and was impressed with it. One thing I check on review site like these is that there are regular updates on the sites.