Florida in October

cara mc k

I was thinking of going to Florida in October, but heard that it is a bad time go re Hurricane season does anyone have any advice and is it all Florida that is at risk or certain areas?

Any advice appreciated

Cara Mc K

I went to Florida in November last year. Stil Hurricane season - but no problems - Started in Miami South Beach - then flew to the Bahamas for 5 days (rude not to - its a 40 minute flight for about €150 euro. Accomodation is a lot cheaper).

Flew back to Miami - Hired a car and drove to the west coast of Florida - Naples and the Everglades (3 nights). Then drove to Fort Lauderdale (1 night) - left the car and took the ferry from there to Key West - Stayed in Key West (4 nights) - got some great bargains in accomodation - just depends on when Fantasy fest is on though. And finally a days drive up the keys to Miami - An Amazing drive over 7 mile bridge (as seen on True Lies and Mission Impossible and a million other films) Very enjoyable and variable holiday as opposed to the Epcot/Disney experience

I am from Florida (living in Ireland, but have a place over there still) and October onwards is a fine time to visit The Sunshine State. Try discover the real parts of Florida such as Naples, Sanibel Island and Captiva Island instead of the usual trip (Orlando, Miami etc.).

Enjoy!

i went in nov last year and had glorious weather. shorts and t shirt every day..cant go wrong. im very jealous. enjoy.

Agree with Gulliver1. I have a timeshare in Fort Lauderdale, but still spend a week in Sanibel every year. What a contrast.

This was a quite year for huricanes and there is nothing on the rader at the moment so Oct shoud be a resonable bet. I am going over in early Oct myself. Have a look at
http://hurricanes.gov

Was in Miami last week. 32 degrees every day.

About 1 hours rain in total for the week.

Have travelled to FL in October and had great weather! We went to Key West which is just amazing.

However, Fantasy Fest can really bump up the price of accomodation in Key West at certain times during October.