Florida house

lopin10

Hi

Thinking of going on holidays to Florida. Did anybody ever stay in the following house it looks nice

Thanks

Cypress Point is very popular , its a gated community about 10 mins drive to Disney. I stayed at Regal Palms which is quite similar bit older , have visited friends in Cypress Point and it is quite impressive.
Prices seem a bit on the high side , Im sure you coulld find another property in Cypress for better value.

I have stayed in Calabay Parc at Tower Lake and the villas were excellent. It was 16 mins from disney. All villas had private pool and the rates were alot cheaper that the one you showed. [broken link removed] is the website I used. Its run by all the owners directly.

Hi

Thinking of going on holidays to Florida. Did anybody ever stay in the following house it looks nice

Thanks
With so many rental villas in Orlando, I think it's unlikely you'll find someone here who has stayed in any particular villa (although this one is Irish-owned by the looks of the phone number - it's not you is it? given that you mention in another thread that you own a property in Orlando). You might be better looking at a website with lots of villas - orlandovillas.com is english-owned and all the villas are verified and inspected by the website owners who will help sort out any issues which may arise. There is also a forum linked to the villas website where you can ask questions about villa communities and any aspect of Orlando holidays. (I have no connection to that website but have used it a few times and never had any problems with the villas - have a look at the forums to see the kind of issues that can arise).

I'm looking at renting a house at Hampton Lake. Has anyone got any feedback on that area? There will be 5 adults and 3 children with access to Disney a major consideration.

I'm looking at renting a house at Hampton Lake. Has anyone got any feedback on that area? There will be 5 adults and 3 children with access to Disney a major consideration.
Haven't stayed there but I've heard that the villas there are very nice and the community is well-kept. There is a very good supermarket (Publix) close by and a 24-hour Walmart about 5/10 mins up the road.
However, Hampton Lakes is on Highway 27 which is an extremely busy road in Florida - it's the main road up the middle of Florida and has huge volumes of fast-moving traffic (including HGVs) so it can feel like you're taking your life in your hands trying to get out onto it. We stayed in a different community on H27 the first time we went to Florida and it didn't have traffic lights to get out onto the highway (not sure if Hampton Lakes does) so it was a bit scary at times.
To get to Disney, you will either go north to the 192 and then across to Disney or south to the I4 and then up to Disney. If you are there at an any way busy time, both these routes are fairly congested - queuing on a ramp to get onto 192/I4. All the villas say they are 10/15 minutes from Disney but this must be measured at 4am on a Tuesday in January - you could maybe just about do these times if there was no traffic and all the lights (lots on the 192) were with you. And that just gets you to 'Disney maingate' which is the portal to the huge Disney campus - the Magic Kingdom carpark is a good bit after this.
Probably not a typical evening experience but we stayed in one of the Disney parks until closing (midnight) one evening - got back to the car at probably 12:30, it was lashing rain - we got back to the villa close to 2:30am... My parents who were at the villa were frantic and were just about to call the sheriff or local hospitals as they were sure we were in an accident - not helped by the fact that a few weeks before we got there, 3 english tourists were killed on the first day of their holiday exiting one of the H27 communities...
That all said, we really enjoyed the villa which had great facilities and the private pool was great - we just learned to give it a bit of extra time coming and going. We've been back a few times since then and have stayed closer to Disney in some of the communities off the 192.

Haven't stayed there but I've heard that the villas there are very nice and the community is well-kept. There is a very good supermarket (Publix) close by and a 24-hour Walmart about 5/10 mins up the road.
However, Hampton Lakes is on Highway 27 which is an extremely busy road in Florida - it's the main road up the middle of Florida and has huge volumes of fast-moving traffic (including HGVs) so it can feel like you're taking your life in your hands trying to get out onto it. We stayed in a different community on H27 the first time we went to Florida and it didn't have traffic lights to get out onto the highway (not sure if Hampton Lakes does) so it was a bit scary at times.
To get to Disney, you will either go north to the 192 and then across to Disney or south to the I4 and then up to Disney. If you are there at an any way busy time, both these routes are fairly congested - queuing on a ramp to get onto 192/I4. All the villas say they are 10/15 minutes from Disney but this must be measured at 4am on a Tuesday in January - you could maybe just about do these times if there was no traffic and all the lights (lots on the 192) were with you. And that just gets you to 'Disney maingate' which is the portal to the huge Disney campus - the Magic Kingdom carpark is a good bit after this.
Probably not a typical evening experience but we stayed in one of the Disney parks until closing (midnight) one evening - got back to the car at probably 12:30, it was lashing rain - we got back to the villa close to 2:30am... My parents who were at the villa were frantic and were just about to call the sheriff or local hospitals as they were sure we were in an accident - not helped by the fact that a few weeks before we got there, 3 english tourists were killed on the first day of their holiday exiting one of the H27 communities...
That all said, we really enjoyed the villa which had great facilities and the private pool was great - we just learned to give it a bit of extra time coming and going. We've been back a few times since then and have stayed closer to Disney in some of the communities off the 192.

Thanks for the feedback. We are looking for a 5-6 bedroom house with its own pool (as big as possible), plenty of living space and within reach of Disney. Other than that I’m not too fussed.

Just like to thank okra for the info. I used Florida Villas and got a 3500 Sq foot house with swimming pool 15 minutes from Disney for under €800 per week.

On a general note eating out was 30-40% cheaper than here. Car hire was more than 50% cheaper and a day trip to an outlet mall kitted out the family for most of the year. I would say that was 70-80% cheaper than here.
Without going to theme parks two weeks in Florida was much cheaper than two weeks in Ireland (flights, accommodation, food and car hire for 6 people for under €6’500).

Just like to thank okra for the info. I used Florida Villas and got a 3500 Sq foot house with swimming pool 15 minutes from Disney for under €800 per week.

On a general note eating out was 30-40% cheaper than here. Car hire was more than 50% cheaper and a day trip to an outlet mall kitted out the family for most of the year. I would say that was 70-80% cheaper than here.
Without going to theme parks two weeks in Florida was much cheaper than two weeks in Ireland (flights, accommodation, food and car hire for 6 people for under €6’500).

Purple, are your children very young?
My in-laws are big into organising a family holiday to Florida but my children are only 2 and 4, and my feeling is that they would get more out of a trip to Florida in a couple of years time.

Back