Florida for Xmas

cappamj

I am hoping to arrange a family holiday in Florida for Xmas as family have not all spent Xmas together for 16 years. I have only booked lost cost flights on line before now so find it all a bit daunting but as family are scattered it is not a matter of going into a travel agent and as its a surprise I cant tell them so any advice would be appreciated. Family details, myself and wife(Ireland) son and family UK, Son and Family US, not sure if I should go for a hotel/flight package or flights and a villa want to be near Disney for the grand children, has anyone any experience or know of easy to use web sites.
thanks

Sounds daunting alright. Not sure if it is a good idea to make this costly arrangement without clearing it with all concerned. It would be great if all went according to plan but people being people .......

If you have a read of the key post on Florida you might get some general advice. As the key post is a little dated now these further threads might be useful also. It sounds like a job for a travel agent in light of the three different residences. You might be able to get some advice from the World Travel Centre in Pearse St. Ph: 4167007. My brother used them twice and found them excellent. If they don't do this type of thing they might be able to make a recommendation.

Some sites that spring to mind for advice:

www.gohop.ie

You may also find some others of interest here.

Wish I could go too

I go to Florida a lot. What I do is I check on www.travelocity.com to see who is offering the cheapest flights on the day and then I go the the website of that airline to see if I can do any better.
Travelocity is great if you have any flexability in your dates (but you probably do not) because it will give you the cheapest during a time period and you can go a day earlier or later if it saves you a considerable amount of money.
It is always better to book the ticket direct with the airline because you have more of a comeback if you have to change your flights.

Went to Florida last Xmas, rented a villa, would recommend it, although don't expect to use the pool.

Weather is good but not very hot and parks are ok pre xmas day.

Have gone several times in the summer, xmas much easier, less sun cream, less heat, less crows, pre-xmas,

thanks everyone will check out the web sites also will talk to travel agent,
I know both families have 2 weeks off at xmas and are not making any plans this year so that part will work out ok as Son in US is illegal he is limited where he can travel