florida coast suggestions

aido71

finally just went and booked flights to florida for june....sick of the doom and gloom!! anyway going for about 19 days in/out orlando. been before so going to spend sometime in orlando area but would like to spend 5/6 days on coast. But not sure where. Last time we went took day trips to both cocoa beach (atlantic) and st petes (gulf coast). We were more taken with cocoa beach area but wondering if anyone any suggestions.....dont mind driving a bit further south..we have the time and am used to driving in the states..we are 2 adults and 2 kids 11 and 6. like activities as we will roast in florida sun (pale skin me red hair!)......so be good if other stuff to do during afternoons....any help appreciated...we not fussy types!
tks aido

We spend a month in Florida every year, visiting granddaughter (well, we spend a weekend with the granddaughter in Jacksonville and then hightail it to the Gulf Coast. Some of the places I'd recommend for you are

1) Venice Beach
2) Sarasota/Siesta Keys
3) Bonita Springs
4) Fort Myers/Sannibel

Lovely beaches, plenty of walks, a variety of amusements, and lots of reasonable accommodation.

On the Atlantic Coast, I'd recommend

1) St Augustine
2) Daytona Beach
3) Fort Lauderdale

Try and book your accommodation online - make sure you read reviews. Try [broken link removed] or www.bookit.com for any special offers. We also use which will give great discounts on hotel/motel accommodation, the catch being that you have to pay up front before you know where exactly you'll be staying. We've never had a bad experience with Hotwire.