Floraville Avenue Clondalkin Village

S

sean07

Considering buying a property in this area for over 500K it looks like a nice estate, quiet, mature etc.. according to the auctioneer I can't go wrong..
Just looking to get opinions from anyone who lives here or knows the area well.

Thanks
Regards
Sean

indeed, hence why i'm here seeking opinions from others.

Firstly, I did not grow up on this estate, nor do I live there, but I know this area very well, and therefore I will try to give an unbiased view. I would have very high standards on where I would actually choose to live, and please take the following as a genuine assessment of the area.

Floraville is a lovely mature estate, particularly at this time of year when all the trees look really well. The residents keep their properties well, and the residents association keep the common areas well. As far as location goes, you're looking in the right area. Very safe (you'd be quite happy to let your 90 year old granny go for a walk by herself at night around here :) ), well maintained, close to the library, primary and secondary schools, church, shops (all 3-5 mins walk), on bus routes for 68/69/51x, close to other bus routes 2. As a result the prices aren't cheap, 500k is the least you can expect to spend on a house here. Obvious issues with house prices at the moment (rise or fall? etc), but these houses were always expensive. Just take a walk around the estate at different times of day, and you'll get the vibe of the area (that can't be faked/made up by an estate agent if you're in doubt). Traffic on the monastery road can be bad at times, however, it moves quicker than you might expect).

Overall this would be seen as a "good estate", and has the advantage of being surrounded by other good estates Monastery/Laurel Park/Castle (ie. its not merely an oasis surrounded by crappy areas, which I've seen with other locations in Clondalkin).

Hi, I don't live in the area anymore, but used to live v close to Floraville. Floraville and the areas surrounding monastery road are very good areas. If I ever have enough money i'll be going back to buy a house on Monastery avenue. They've won tidy towns awards for best road or something a few times. Its a lovely mature area. The village is very very nice. Every facility you want. There is also an astonishing amount of Indian takeaways. The 4+ pubs are nice, 2 large central supermarkets.
Yes traffic on Monastery road is bad in the mornings if you are in a car - but what road going onto N7/N4 etc is free flowing in rush hour? The luas is about a 10-15 min walk up the road.
Oh, and if you have kids there is also Round Towers GAA club- entrance beside SIAC, library 2 min walk away, primary/secondary schools only minutes of a walk away......jeez....I think I'll just go back now!!!

Thank you Legin and DaithiOg, I've actually bought a house in Floraville Avenue since my last post, my wife and I couldn't be happier, great buy!

Congratulations to you both. I'm sure you'll be very happy there.

You're lucky to be able to afford a home in such a nice area - wish I could! The houses in that general area hold their value well - a good investment and a nice home - enjoy. :)

Back