Flooring for a new house?

Are you suggesting DIY?? Is it really that "easy"? I do like a challenge, but I've never done anything like that before...

Any guides you would recommend?
If you have a new concrete floor then it'll be easy to lay. Get knee pads. They cost under €20 and you'll save yourself some serious pain. As noted above YouTube is your friend. The trick with the block and double sided tape to close any gaps works really well. The secret when laying it (it's all click together now) is to tap the side of the board to make sure it is seated properly before you tap the end to move it down to meet the previous board. You'll know what I mean when you start. Oh, and use the plastic block you get in the installation kit. It really is very easy.

Should this be laid before skirting boards are put in? I always find its the small details that define the finish.

Thanks again for the replies!

I already have a kneeling pad for gardening. One of the best inventions ever!

I need to try and see the house (it's not ready yet) to check floors, skirting boards, etc. before I decide on materials, installation and so on.

But you've given me plenty to think and research about already. Which will keep me busy and madness at bay!

Did I read correctly there were two young teens that could be put to work?? I've a fond memory from that age laying a laminate floor in my childhood bedroom that is still in place

Whaaat ?

I just put in grey flooring. I was told it is the latest trend. I just took out the avocado suite.

Grey is about 5 yrs at least ago at this stage That said though I would think that is more as a wall/curtain/furniture colour it is on the way out, realistically floors are nearly always shades of brown/beige/grey so I wouldn't worry so much about a floor. I also wouldn't worry at all about what are the trends if it's your own home, you go with what you like!

I had a blue/white/grey kitchen 30 yrs ago, had to paint much of the furniture etc myself as everything was brown wood of some shade, now blue islands and grey kitchens are everywhere!