Floor tiles lifting in En-Suite!

suitseir

I have a dormer bungalow about 8 yrs old. The first floor is concrete. This morning I heard some cracking noises and on investigation the floor tiles in the en-suite started lifting - they didn't break, just formed a kind of ridge in the middle of the bathroom. I rang the builder and he is calling in the morning. He has come accross this situation before. However, I am wondering, will this happen again if I replace the tiles with as advised, a 6cm silicone filling around the edge? or am I best placed to use an alternative floor covering. No cracks in ceilings or walls. The wall tiles are perfect. It has a velux window, which is open 90% of the time except when out of the house for holidays or weekends, so plenty of fresh air getting in everyday to clear moisture from power shower. Living in a country town and only 2 occupants, so very little wear and tear. Would appreciate comments and will report back after builders visit. Thanks

Looking for tips about lifting floor tiles in en-suite - Concrete floor. No damage no cracks on walls or floors! What tiles should I replace them with?

Hi Suitseir, please respect the posting guidelines in relation to .

Tiles shouldn't expand or contract very much, so there may have been a problem with how they were laid. Take a look under one of the lifting tiles, there should be a good covering of adhesive. If not, then workmanship may be to blame.

The bead of silicone around the perimiter is a good idea to prevent water penetration under the tiles.
Leo