Floor Insulation

AileenF

Hi,

Started the task of laying kingspan insulation on floor. We have a central vacuum system with lots of pipes running across floor which is making the job of laying of insulating a bit awkward to say the least.

Any advice on how this should be done?

Thanks

did the same job myself a couple of months ago. Try and get central vacuum installer to run pipes near a wall as you will have less cutting on the kingspan then. If you have pipes running diagonally across the insulation measure and cut insulation to suit vacuum pipe. Just lay the vacuum pipe on your subfloor and butt the insulation around it.
I got the vacuum pipes installed first on top of the subfloor then layed 50mm of kinspan butted around the pipes. I then put down a 25mm board on top of that again and tacked on the rails for the ufh. Then pured about 80mm of concrete for finished floor

I had same situation myself. I used 2x50mm (100mm) Kingspan. I cut the lower 50mm layer around the vacuum pipes and the top layer covered it completely with no need for cutting. The 2 layers were staggered to avoid weak points.