Flogas contract

Chanterlands

Hi,
Have Flogas for gas. My contract expires end June. Per flog as t&c they are supposed to notify me between 30 and 60 before expiry.see below clause 5.c

(c) As a new Customer, You may be provided with an introductory fixed term Tariff. On the expiration of any fixed term contract Your Tariff will automatically be changed to Our standard Tariff or another Tariff as chosen by Us and as applicable at the time. To ensure that You have adequate notice of the impending change in Tariff and/or the expiration of a fixed term contract we will provide You with between 30 & 60 days’ notice of the ending of Your fixed contract term agreement. If You end the Customer Contract prior to the expiry of this fixed contract period, You will pay Us the Exit Fee of 50 EURO Inc. VAT per fuel term ended.

They didn’t and I mailed them to ask why not? They have not replied. I will be switching ASAP.

My question is what the point of clause as they don’t do it and I cannot see any down side to them and all the upside as I would revert to standard tariff at end June and over pay for gas.

Does the regulator not do anything as I can see many people not know renewal dates without a reminder
Regards

Cmalone, I am switching at end June but my question is that they didn’t remind me and no down side to them.

It’s their loss. Why are you worried that you will find a better cheaper offer elsewhere?

is a new comparison type website from Independent newspapers

They didn’t and I mailed them to ask why not?
Hi,
Have you checked that the notice isn't displayed somewhere on your last bill? Apart from their terms and conditions, the regulator brought in rules a few years ago that you must receive a notice before the end of a discounted rate period. But putting it on the bill is enough to satisfy the requirement.

Back