Flights to Chicago

M

McFly

Hope to go to Chicago this Summer with my good wife and three kids (8, 5 and 3). Because we are traveling with small ones we hope to fly direct from Dublin even though Shannon would be nearer (most flights that go from Shannon stop in Dublin as far as i can see). British Airways seem to be the cheapest - has anyone had any experience of their transatlantic flights?
Also is anyone aware of any other cheaper options? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aerlingus fly direct. Dublin to O'Hare. While you're there check out the Shed Aquarium and the Museum of industry and science. Good food at the Webber Grill. Chicago is my favorite US city, enjoy.

I think american airlines also fly direct

The Field museum is great - and they filmed Night at the Museum there so small people should enjoy!

BA, Aer Lingus, AA - they're all the same really, not the best far from it in fact! But they'll get you there!
For transatlantic, I've always found Virgin nicer to fly with, but that requires going to Heathrow first.
I think if you have a direct flight with BA from Dublin, it will be with codeshare partner American Airlines anyway. I was checking flights this morning, and that came up for me also to Chicago.

With full pre-clearance of US immigration and customs in place in Dublin, it really would make sense to fly to the US from here rather than connecting in Heathrow, especially with a young family.

Your options to the US from Dublin are US, Continental, Aer Lingus, Delta & American. Only Aer Lingus and American fly direct to Chicago and I would rate American as waaaaaaay better than AL. We go to Chicago a lot and now always fly Delta via Atlanta but with small kids, direct is the smartest option IMO.

Thanks, for all the advice - eventually booked with BA from Dublin - expensive but a lot cheaper than AL. Not happy at all with the web booking (price jumped while in process of booking - had to restart booking at a cost of €150) but that's a story for another day!!

Thanks, for all the advice - eventually booked with BA from Dublin - expensive but a lot cheaper than AL. Not happy at all with the web booking (price jumped while in process of booking - had to restart booking at a cost of €150) but that's a story for another day!!
I flew to San Fran a few months ago with BA and defo bring lots of snacks for yourself and the kids!! There wasn't too much food / snacks on the flight compared to other long haul flights I have done. Also get your ESTA sorted for the family you can do that now.

in future try the following web sites for searching flights (add in the www and com yourself)

momondo

kakay

Back