Flights to Australia

cuz

Considering booking the following flights: link

There's only a stopover of an hour in Taipei. Would this be enough time? Also would the airline move my luggage from one plane to the other or would I have to collect it on the conveyor and check it in again?

Thanks

I'd say that was cutting it fine. Your luggage would probably be forwarded, and moved automatically from one plane to the next. Any delay, though, and your luggage could well wind up going from Taipei to Australia on a later flight.

When I click on that link I see a prominent warning stating:

On this flight, you may need to check in separately for each connecting flight. Make sure you have enough time.

If you can book the China Airlines legs in a single booking, you should be able to check-in to both legs in Amsterdam and check your luggage straight through to destination at that point and you'll be protected if the first leg is delayed. If the two legs are booked separately through an aggregator site, they may not be linked, and you might have to collect luggage and go through security and check-in in Taipei.

Considering booking the following flights: link

There's only a stopover of an hour in Taipei. Would this be enough time? Also would the airline move my luggage from one plane to the other or would I have to collect it on the conveyor and check it in again?

Thanks

Hi. As Leo says, the website has a standard warning that you might need to re-check. I think they always include that warning as they don't track whether the various legs are with partner airlines.

However looking at the flight details and airlines, I would think you will need to collect luggage and re-check in at Amsterdam but not in Taipei (where your one hour turnaround is). However, I would have to say that, while I don't know Taipei airport specifically, there are very few (if any) airports where I would feel comfortable with a one hour connection time. Amsterdam is actually probably one of the few because connections don't have to go back through security screening again. But in most airports you do. So I would be wary of that connection.

Do you mind me asking - are you booking a return or one way ticket. The link only shows one way. The reason for asking is that the price quoted is decent for a one way but if you're booking return flights, there may be just as good prices with easier connections - one way tickets can be expensive

Reactions: cuz
Hi. As Leo says, the website has a standard warning that you might need to re-check. I think they always include that warning as they don't track whether the various legs are with partner airlines.

However looking at the flight details and airlines, I would think you will need to collect luggage and re-check in at Amsterdam but not in Taipei (where your one hour turnaround is). However, I would have to say that, while I don't know Taipei airport specifically, there are very few (if any) airports where I would feel comfortable with a one hour connection time. Amsterdam is actually probably one of the few because connections don't have to go back through security screening again. But in most airports you do. So I would be wary of that connection.

Do you mind me asking - are you booking a return or one way ticket. The link only shows one way. The reason for asking is that the price quoted is decent for a one way but if you're booking return flights, there may be just as good prices with easier connections - one way tickets can be expensive

I asked on another couple of forums and they all said I'd be ok. It's the fastest route from Cork by about 6 hours and the cheapest.
Just paid €867 can't wait!
Don't mind you asking at all pal. One way; I'm hoping to make a fortune there

I asked on another couple of forums and they all said I'd be ok. It's the fastest route from Cork by about 6 hours and the cheapest.
Just paid €867 can't wait!
Don't mind you asking at all pal. One way; I'm hoping to make a fortune there

Lol... Really hope it works out well. All the best with it.

Cuz, to my knowledge, you cannot enter Australia on a one way ticket, unless you are an Australian citizen or you have been granted permanent residence in Australia. At the least, you will need to have proof with you (bank statements) that you have the financial means to pay for your air fare home. I just thought I would mention that, in case you haven't sorted out your working visa yet.

Last edited:
Cuz, to my knowledge, you cannot enter Australia on a one way ticket, unless you are an Australian citizen or you have been granted permanent residence in Australia. At the least, you will need to have proof with you (bank statements) that you have the financial means to pay for your air fare home. I just thought I would mention that, in case you haven't sorted out your working visa yet.

Visa booked weeks ago and money in bank so no worries mate!

Back