Flights from Sligo to Cork / Waterford

WarrenBuffet

Hi,

Does anyone know if there are any flights from Sligo to Cork / Waterford. My brother is going to college in Sligo IT at the moment and it takes him the guts of a full day to get back home / go back to Sligo via public transport (he doesn’t and wont have a car)

As far as I can see the only flights seem to be in Dublin but would appreciate if anyone could provide additional information.

Regards,
WB

No is the answer to this - as far as I know there are no domestic flights at all to/from Waterford (Aer Lingus did for a short while some years ago fly to/from Dublin but it didn't last very long - the distance is really too short for flights to be competitive with other forms of transport)

Sligo has twice daily flights to Dublin - booked well in advance they can be cheaper than the train and only take 45mins.

Aer arann fly from cork to Galway its still about 2 hours to sligo from there tho
Flights from dublin to cork can be pretty cheap , ryanair and aer arann both do this flight also
maybe connect to sligo from that?

Cheers for the help - am surprised there arent more internal flights set up. Guess there just isnt the demand.

WB