Flights booked to NYC this Saturday trying to change date

toni_mrphy

Hi
I hope someone can help with my query .
Booked flights from cork — Newark ( via Heathrow ) leaving Saturday 2nd returning Friday 8th .
The flights were booked with Tour America - Carrier is BA.
Due to the recent storm I do not now want to travel this weekend ( hotel cannot guarantee they will honor my booking and my sister who I was originally meeting up with in NYC now cannot get there due to transport issue's )
So anyway my partner rang Tour America this morning explained we wanted to push out our flights by two weeks - they said no issue , so we changed the dates of the hotel to two weeks out also .

Tour America rang back said they made a mistake we cannot change our flights and we must leave saturday but now we have no hotel .

The below update is on the BA website — does this not cover us even though we booked through Tour America ?

If your flight is still operating to/from New York
If your flight is still operating to/from New York, and you are due to travel up to and including 07 November, you have the flexibility to change your travel plans and rebook to travel up to and including 30 November

Thanks

T

I would call back Tour America ASAP and give them the link to what it says on the BA website .. I would assume that this should apply regardless of how you booked the flight (only because it's a travel agency booking you won't be able to call up BA and change the flights they will have to do that)

If Tour America already changed your hotel then I would think they haven't got much of a leg to stand on ?

Thanks for the reply .

Read out what it says on BA website to them - they are rechecking .
The hotel was booked by myself

Back