flight supplement?

hjrdee

Can someone explain what a flight supplement is? I was pricing a holiday with Budget Travel, who state there will be no fuel surcharge in their deals, yet the price quoted of €1,596 included a flight supplement of €75. Is this not another form of surchage? I cannot find anything on their website about what it relates to. The holiday was for 2 adults and one child. My only reasoning on this is that presumably our holiday could be sold to a family of two adults and two kids, thus gaining them more money. So in effect we are paying for using up a potential seat?

Hope that makes sense, just trying to get my head around it!

I know that some ski brochures list supplements for departures from different airports. For example brochure price is €750, with a supplement of €20 for departures from Cork, €25 for Belfast . . .

I have seen prices listed where there is a supplement for departures from *all* airports - maybe this is what you are being charged.

z

That is a big scam of holiday sales.

I thought that taxes and inescapable charges must be included in the quoted price?

hjrdee said:
Can someone explain what a flight supplement is? I was pricing a holiday with Budget Travel, who state there will be no fuel surcharge in their deals, yet the price quoted of €1,596 included a flight supplement of €75. Is this not another form of surchage? I cannot find anything on their website about what it relates to. The holiday was for 2 adults and one child. My only reasoning on this is that presumably our holiday could be sold to a family of two adults and two kids, thus gaining them more money. So in effect we are paying for using up a potential seat?

Hope that makes sense, just trying to get my head around it!

Would it be a supplement for flying out during the day or at the weekend. (I know Rip off Ireland)

Murt

Back