Flight refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks to me like you're requesting a refund and it's being interpreted that you're cancelling. If they have cancelled will they issue the refund in due course.

That looks to me like you're requesting a refund and it's being interpreted that you're cancelling. If they have cancelled will they issue the refund in due course.

There's no mention of an automatic refund, the email confirms that the flight has been cancelled, sets out the options of a voucher or reschedule, then offers a link to my rights... extract attached. By following the link to my rights, I ultimately found the screen attached to the post above.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200415-231810_mailcom.jpg
    Screenshot_20200415-231810_mailcom.jpg
    676.6 KB · Views: 221
I have AL flight due for early may to portugal and I want a refund. Do I just need to wait it out until AL cancel the flight before I can apply for the refund?

I got a refund today from TUI. It was just a flight I had booked, not a package. 4 people to Tenerife in march. The flight was cancelled a few days prior to departure date. I applied for it 4 weeks ago and they said it would take up to 4 weeks to process. I sent a reminder e mail today and it went into my account almost immediately. Thanks TUI. I'm still waiting for the hotel refund. I applied for that at around the same time. They said they would process the refund. I reminded them too today. I got a response from them saying their offices are still closed but we are near the top of the list for a refund when they reopen. That may be a bot response so we'll see.

It's a difficult one this - I have around €4,000 in airline bookings with Lufthansa, Aer Lingus, Easyjet and Ryanair.
I've taken a voucher with Lufthansa because I'm not even sure the airline will still be flying if they were to pay out all their refunds.The only drawback is that new flights have to be taken within a year and who would want to be flying within a year if no vaccine has been found.
Ryanair and Aer Lingus I'll also be happy with a voucher as I fly with them a lot and will be able to use them.
I just don't know why the airlines offer vouchers than can be used up to say three years from now.

Guys it's better to have threads on specific airlines as they have different policies. So I am closing this thread.

If you are affected by Ryanair, post in that one. If you are affected by another airline, start a new thread.

Brendan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back