Flight options to Washington D.C.

dereko1969

I'm heading to Washington D.C. next month and am trying to figure out who to fly with. I'd rather go through US immigration here so was leaning towards Continental via Newark - however the most suitable flight times (leaving Dublin early and getting into DC before 4pm) leave me with a very short transfer time in Newark of either 48 minutes!! or just over an hour - is this doable?
The next most suitable option seems to be BA or United through Heathrow.
Which would you recommend? Have you recently transferred through Newark, how much time would be the minimum required?
Price wise, Aer Lingus via JFK/Boston isn't at the races at all.

Unless you're flying from Shannon both those connection times are too short. Even clearing immigration in Dublin (which not all Continental flights do IIRC), you still have to go to the baggage hall, wait for your bags, collect them and bring them through customs before dropping onto another belt and heading towards your connection. Would recommend 2 hours plus!

Have you priced Delta through JFK?

went with United through Heathrow, best time for arrival in DC (though bit of a wait on the way back in Heathrow) and cheapest by a good bit through www.ebookers.ie

thanks for the assistance, Delta were a good bit more expensive and the ITA software gave some interesting options but more expensive.

Also ebookers take laser which i haven't seen on many sites, only saved a few quid but still.

Back