Flight from Atlanta to Dublin cancelled - Rights?

TTI

Hi,

A few weeks ago I was due to return to Ireland from Atlanta via New York. It was booked with British Airways and travelling with American Airlines.

Less than three hours before scheduled departure the flight was cancelled due to bad weather.

After much trying I finally get through to BA and was advised the next day would be the earliest flight. I ended up staying in the same hotel and extending the car for another day.

The BA Customer Service Rep. suggested that I would be due reasonable accommodation, food and travel for that extra period of time. BA's initial response tells me it's not their problem, what are my rights in this situation?

If flights are delayed due to weather conditions then I think you are not eligible for compensation.

If flights are delayed due to weather conditions then I think you are not eligible for compensation.

Correct but the bad weather must be in either the point of departure or the destination. What needs to be determined is if the delay was caused by the knock on effects of bad weather on an earlier route that this plane was servicing.

Correct but the bad weather must be in either the point of departure or the destination. What needs to be determined is if the delay was caused by the knock on effects of bad weather on an earlier route that this plane was servicing.

This is interesting... as far as I know the flight from Dallas was delayed due to weather... the two airports I was involved with were not under any weather issues at that time as far as I know.

Back