Flight connections queries

S

sunrock

Just checking flights to Canada that have a connection in Newark, New Jersey. These are 2 separate tickets I think. Shannon to Newark and then another flight from Newark to Toronto. As i don`t have a U.S. visa can I make the connection without going thru` US immigration.
Another query I have is how long is needed between flights.I see a flight from London to Bangkok that has a stop over in Dubai of 1 hr 30 mins.Is that enough time to get on the 2nd flight?

if your flights are with the same airline your sorted as they will check you in for both flights in SNN if you ask them to . you will go throught US immigration and customs in shannon before you fly but make sure you have your ESTA done in time. i would allow two hours in Newark to be on the safe side but I have done a 45 minute connection there I was lucky got off plane at one gate and plane I was getting on was right accross the hallway!! I would advise you to double check with the airline to make sure you can check in for both in Shannon

All connecting flights in the US regardless of whether you're going on to another international destination immediately or not) involve clearing US Immigration & Customs .. either in the US or before you leave Ireland on flights with pre-clearance.

If you're purchasing the flights all together then you will be on a through ticket ... it will only be two separate tickets if you're doing something like buying the transatlantic flight yourself on aerlingus.com and then going to aircanada.com and buying the Newark-Toronto or whatever flight separately.

Clearing US immigration is a bit of hassle (especially if your flight isn't pre-cleared and you have to join the queues at Newark ) .. but provided you are eligible to travel under the Visa Waiver program you don't need a visa .. just do the online ESTA thing before you go ($14)

Thanks for that info.
What about the 1.5 hrs changeover in Dubai..surely cutting it very fine.

Back