Flight Cancelled

daithid2000

Hi

Our return flight for the family holiday in July 2020 from Munich has been cancelled by Ryanair.
They have no other flights from Munich, and have offered us a refund or a flight home from Frankfurt.

We have accommodation etc booked in Munich and traveling to Frankfurt would take a day out of our holiday.

Aer Lingus have a flight back from Munich that day.

Should I be entitled to a rerouting home via an alternative airline?

Thanks

Simple:-
1. Take the refund for the flight back to Ireland from Ryanair.
2. Book the Aer Lingus flight home instead.
3. Looking for a "free" rerouting home via an alternative airline seven months in advance of the flight is a bit much (my opinion)

Is there much difference between the price ? If not I'd book it and take refund.

C’est la vie unfortunately. Ryanair are a ‘point to point’ airline and as such your other arrangements are of no concern to them. Just book the Aer Lingus one.

Better than me this morning at 6.05 with my flight departing to Fuerteventura. All ready and everything in order. Leaving from Gate 117, downstairs and no seating in Dep area, all taken and I sat about 60 meters away but not in view of dep gate. Checked again at 5.30 and no one lining up so I sat down again back in my seat as I wasn't worried and had my seat booked, etc.. Got talking to a couple going to Lisbon and they were wondering would it be warm, what it was like there, general talk, etc, etc. Well, lo and behold I stood up at 5.55 am to find gate closed and staff walking away. Told a girl my predicament and she said I was an awful man to be so absent minded. Up on the screen appeared the lovely words Flight departed and Mr Know All got his comeuppance. Serves me right, got another one way out in the morning at 14.20 for almost €100 inc a bag so not too bad. Lesson learned and feel a right eejit right now. I hope it's qissing it down in Lisbon though:p When I think about poor Marian Finucane and her family it puts it all in perspective.

Nice bit of humour from Noproblem there. Almost the same thing nearly happened to me last year as I awaited boarding a flight to Almeria. The Ryanair boarding staff arrived; everybody rose and immediately crowded the departure area. We were advised "Priority Only - Everybody Else Sit Down, we'll call you." Lep being a Ryanair cheapskate obeyed the order along with some more. I resumed my reading awaiting the call. There was no call and suddenly I noticed "Riga" written up where "Almeria" was. Fortunately, the plane was still there and I made my flight having said a few choice words to the Ryanair attendant.

Lesson Learned:- Stay vigilant, don't sit down and don't trust anybody in Ryanair.

Back