Flight Cancelled due to snow - 15% refunded

greentree

I wonder if anyone could give their opinion here.

I had to go to London a few weeks ago for a day and booked a flight with Air France to London City.

Basically, I was at the gate at 6:30 am and an hour after the scheduled time, the flight was cancelled due to snow in LCY.

Since then AF have refunded me €65 of a flight which cost about €450. They have given me no reason for this and anytime I try to ring the refunds dept, I cant get through. One girl I was talking to says that she suspects its because the return flight was not cancelled. (Obviously I couldn't get the return flight if the outbound flight was cancelled!).

Does anyone know what my rights are here and what I should do?

Thanks!

disgraceful behaviour but not unexpected from AF who own Cityjet.

Your ticket price suggests that you bought a ticket in K class which is refundable if cnx before departure and incurs only a fifty euro fee if cnx after departure. You may have those details on your print-out. However, that's academic because your flight was cancelled and thus you were entitled to a full refund.

I do hope you have proof of everything - the print-out of the "ticket", proof of cancellation etc etc. And be ready to put your complaint in writing.

Look at the aviationreg.ie website for rules regarding your entitlement - and phone them -numbers on the site. They are - as their name implies -the body that enforces aviation regulations.

Also, there is an Air France rep in Dublin whose number was, and may still be,6050383

(i don't think many people who post on the travel section of this website have paid -out of their own money- €450 for a flight to London !)

You should be entitled to the full refund as it was a return flight.

If you had booked the flights separately, you would not be entitled to any refund.

Back