Flies Infesting New House!

dee94

Hi All,

Just wondering if anybody can give me any words of wisdom!
I'm in the process of builing a house which is almost finished.I have noticed on a recent visit to the house that is infested with flies!They are everywhere!They seem to be gathering at windows but i've also seem clusters in the attic!
I don't know where to begin trying to get rid of them!As it is a new build, I have no plants/trees/shrubs that might attract them. I've also looked to see if there is food lying about but there dosn't appear to be!
All help greatly appreciated!

Dee

You probably have something dead somewhere, like a rat or crow.

Thats what i thought originally so i checked everywhere and nothing dead!tried buring eucalyptus oil as suggested in other threads but no joy!

Go to an airconditioning company and get some smoke pellets they burn for about 30 - 40 seconds, use one in each room oh, and bring a dustpan and brush, the smell of smoke will linger for a day or so.

As mentioned, its probably a dead rat/mouse/bird/spoilt milk/meat somewhere. The flies (usually 'lazy' bluebottle fellahs) appear before the smell gives the game away, and sometimes the smell never appears. Been through this a couple of times, and each time there's been something dead involved. See if you can establish the source of the flies - think of it as a household safari - use a hoover or fliespray to kill all the visible flies and take note of where they start to reappear initially - that's the area you need to check carefully.

Your name isn't Damien is it?? :eek:

If not, what about leaving one of those vapona things in each room?

Back