Flexible Wall Tile Adhesive - Bal Whitestar

Wolverine

I am in the process of having my bathrooms tiled.
Stud partition walls.

My tyler is hesitent to use the drums of Bal Whitestar that was provided to me by Tubs'n'tiles.

He was saying that he always uses bags of white cement. And that he's used the whitestar before and is not pushed about the stuff.

I've rang t'n't back and they have said that there's no problems with the whitestar - it's flexible and waterproof, and it's what they recommend.

Anyone used tubs of whitestar ?
I'm inclined to think along the lines of Tubs'N'Tiles.

Any advice ? Is the stuff crap ?

The tiles are ceramic 30 x 45 - bigger than the average and a small bit heavy - but nothing like natural stone.

Walls & floors are marine ply.

Thanks,
Wolverine.

Hi,

I generally find that tilers will have personal preferences for adhesive, grout, etc and if you deviate, they will tell you the stuff you got is cr*p. We have had this with tilers in the 3 houses we have had. It's up to yourself whether you want to insist that he uses the stuff you got or if you want to make him happy and change to what he wants.

Sorry, not really any advice...

D

Would he possibly also have factored into your quote a discount that he will get on his product?

if you don't give him what he wants to use then he mat not stand over the work...

Back