flexible travel ticket - is it possible ?

ramlal

Hi All

I hope you guys can help me out.

We have lot of family in US and we tend to travel to once a year to US to meet our family. So we normally book our ticket well in advance. But in last 3 years there has been problems and every time we booked the flight we were not able to take it. last year we could not travel due to my work and and year before that I had a business meeting. So everytime we end up buying ticket twice which has cost me a lot of money.

we don't want to do same mistake for next year. We are now planning to travel to USA in march/april time frame. But I am worried if I should book ticket or not ?

I am interested to find out if there is any website or travel agent I should use. Basically I won't mind paying small bit more now as long as I can ring them up (say 1 week) before by travel dates and say I would like to cancel my flight and I get my money back.

Thanks a million.
ramlal

You need to choose a flexible fare ticket from the airline rather than the cheapest available, which offers no flexibility.

For example, Aer Lingus offer the FlexiFare which allows you date changes and part refunds.

But then tickets are very expensive. I was wondering if there is a travel insurance policy which I can buy which will pay travel cost in case I decide not to travel.

or a online travel agent which I can use which charges small bit extra when booking the ticket but refund my money if i decide not to travel

thanks again.

Back