Flat roof query

Beckie

We are building an extension to the back of house that increases the size of an existing flat roof extension. Our builder has suggested a nordic?/ nordman? roof which is fitted in one piece, replaceing existing flat roof and covering new extension. This is adding considerable to the cost. Does anyone know anything about this type of roof? Also, is it worth the extra cost? And, if not what are our options?

Many thanks
Beckie

Hi Beckie,

Welcome to AAM.

These previous threads on Nordman roofs might help.

There are some other threads here on flat roofs which might give you some advice also.

house insurance that covers flat roof?

hi,

I just found out recently that my insurance does not cover the flat roof extension. So my insurance is up in the new year, does anyone know of a company that does insure a flat roof?

cheers

FBD will insure a flat roof as long as it is less than 20% (could be 25%) of the total roof area. Other companies I tried looked for a similar % age. 123.ie say "(d) The premises is built of brick stone or concrete and roofed with slates tiles or other incombustible materials." I'm sure the Nordmann roof material is not combustible so try around.

I have a flat roof (entire) - it's a Sika Trocal plastic membrane. I had difficulty dealing with any of the companies on the phone but managed to get full insurance cover with Hibernian via a local broker. I had to get a letter of guarantee from the manufacturer and did it all through the broker.

Back