flat panel TV

Ned_ie

Hi all

I am thinking of putting a flat panel TV in my kitchen over my new breakfast bar (which I just finished puttting together over teh weekend and intend using to the max!).

My question is what type of tv should i be looking for. I reckon a 19" ought to work but don't want to spend a fortune. THe tv will be a second one as the main one is in the living room. any ideas of good deals or types to get? Should I get an lcd or a tft (unfortunately I'm not too good on which is what!)

Thanks

Ned-ie

Hey Ned-ie. TFT (thin film transistor) is a form of LCD technology.

Take a look in the shops, take the details of a few models you are interested in and research them online on sites such as AV Forums.
Leo

Can I piggy back slightly on your post.....do you know if it's possible to mount a flat screen tv on any type of wall? We want to replace our main tv with a flatscreen (circa 40") and it would be out of the way if mounted on the wall. However, like most apartments the wall is a partition wall and I'm not sure it will support the weight of the screen. Any advice? Thanks.

Lollie, is this just a stud partition between two rooms in your apartment? Most apartments I've seen use block partition walls. Anyway, even if it is just a stud wall, you should be able to mount the screen so long as you secure it to the studs and not just the plaster board.

Got my Samsung lcd tv syncmaster from Komplett, they do good deals from time to time. No complaints yet.

We were told when buying our LCD that it had to be wall mounted onto a solid wall, not a partition wall as it would not hold.