Flat Panel Antenna and Satellite Box

pnh

I see DID are advertising a Flat Panel Antenna+Box with the claim that u can receive up tp 1600 Freeview channels.Anyone familiar with these-presume it replaces outside dish or does it?What channels can u receive.
Personally I have not come across these before and google doesnt throw up much.Anyone?

I thought that FreeView was a UK only digital terrestrial system? Can it be received here in Ireland and, if so, are there limited coverage areas or other gotchas?

I thought that FreeView was a UK only digital terrestrial system? Can it be received here in Ireland and, if so, are there limited coverage areas or other gotchas?
Yes sorry-what the ad actually states is "up to 1600 Free to Air channels.

I am not well up on this satellite stuff confining my self to the dubious delights of NTL.A friend of mine recently ditched them and with a Lidl setup can get most of the Free to Air channels like BBC 1-4.ITV etc.However he also had to get a small outdoor aerial to get RTE and TV3.
What I wonder does this DID system do away with the need for this outdoor stuff?.The ad kind of indicates it does as its "ideal for apartments".It also says it "captures all satellites"-from an indoor setup??
I think I remember reading some time ago that whenever we get our digital platform up and running our National stations at least will be receivable with an indoor antenna-ie an outdoor aerial will not be neccessary-but perhaps I have that wrong if so no doubt someone will correct me.

The satellite box you refer to is the same as the free to air satellite dish that you can get in most electrical shops. I have looked at the particular one in DID, and it looks quite good, certainlly looks more stylist that current dishes. Most suitable for portable applications, as it appears to be eaisly connected, problem is that it is limited to free sateillite signals, does not offer the option of using a pay per view card.