fixyourstreet.ie pilot at South Dublin Co Co

boaber

South Dublin County Council to pilot ‘Fix Your Street’ Initiative

South Dublin County Council will pilot a new website, www.fixyourstreet.ie. This initiative will assist residents of South Dublin County to report issues with local services and allow the Council to respond within two working days (apparently).

Will be interesting to see what sort of problems are out there and how many there are (and if they ever get fixed!)

Edit: People from Artane & Swords (and even from areas outside of Dublin) are posting problems with their area. Can't they read? Homepage clearly states "Please note the service is presently available only in the South Dublin County Council area"

The reporting on Aertel may not have helped.

The first paragraph on aertel pg 116 (as I type) states:
"A new website which allows people to report problems such as potholes, grafiti and illegal dumping in their area and which will be responded to within 48 hours has been launched today"

It only states towards the end of the second paragraph that it will initially operate in the South Dublin CoCo area. Could have been a bit more prominent, in my opinion, so as to avoid the issue you mentioned.

This was in the PfG 2011.

Dublin City Council has been running something similar over the last few years.

Self Service Portal

That link isn't working, probably because it uses a session ID. Is it this facility that you were thinking of?

[broken link removed]

The Dublin City facility isn't bad, but it doesn't have all the features of the fixyourstreet.ie. It doesn't allow you to submit photos or videos (which can be very effective in showing the size and extent of these issues), and it doesn't allow you to place issues on a map.

Funnily enough, I've had good results with potholes.ie - it looks like the Dublin City folks monitor and act on reports on that site.

Fixyourstreet.ie is a nice idea, but they need to improve it. Some of the language used on the site is unnecessarily complex. The need to place EVERY issue on the map is an unnecessary barrier for many users.

I really hope they've done the necessary work with the behind-the-scenes processes. It is all very well having the glitzy front-end app, but if the people behind the scenes are not prepared and ready to react and respond to a large volume of new calls, the front-end bit is worse than useless. It does look like South Dublin are doing a decent job of providing an initial response, even to issues outside their own area.

I really hope that they've done the necessary work behind the scenes.

Hi. Has anyone used this site? Doing some research on it and trying to find out if it's any use of just a PR stunt?

I'd imagine that whole scheme will be wound down on February 29th like everything else

Roy