Fixing rough external plaster work

albob

In a new house I am buying the external plaster work is shocking in parts. Have pointed out a number of them in the snag list but the fix is even worse. One example is where they fixed broken/chipped window sills. The paster they added on is like a 4 year old did it. At this stage I am getting fed up wth it so I am trying to see what could I just do myself when I get the house. Is it possible to sand down external plaster (i.e. plaser made from sand so slightly course)? At least then I could fix up the sils myself.

you probably need to kango the lot off and then redo with sand/cement. an sds drill with chisel bit would do the job and would be fairly light. the existing plaster should come off fairly easily

In a new house I am buying the external plaster work is shocking in parts. Have pointed out a number of them in the snag list but the fix is even worse. One example is where they fixed broken/chipped window sills. The paster they added on is like a 4 year old did it. At this stage I am getting fed up wth it so I am trying to see what could I just do myself when I get the house. Is it possible to sand down external plaster (i.e. plaser made from sand so slightly course)? At least then I could fix up the sils myself.

Dont complete until your snagg is done, the cost of re-rendering a house could very substancial. Why should you carry the can?

Jaid

Back