Fitzpatricks Hotel in New York

tinal

Hi All

I am planning a trip for 4 of us to New York for October and as I have never been I am not sure what is value for money etc when it comes to hotels and flights. I have read all the threads on this site and have narrowed down my search of hotels to some of the main ones mentioned here.

However, I have just received a quote for 7 nights in the Fitzpatrick Hotel (either Grand Central or Manhattan) for €1500 each and this price includes our flights.

Before I book this option, I would be grateful if any of you who have been to NY would let me know if this is a good price or will I get much better if I keep searching.

Many thanks
t

That is a ridiculous price IMO. It sounds like you are using an agent or intermediary and they are really taking the biscuit!

Book the hotel and flights separately and you should do better. Book the hotel on a US site and get the benefit of the weak dollar.

Hi All

I am planning a trip for 4 of us to New York for October and as I have never been I am not sure what is value for money etc when it comes to hotels and flights. I have read all the threads on this site and have narrowed down my search of hotels to some of the main ones mentioned here.

However, I have just received a quote for 7 nights in the Fitzpatrick Hotel (either Grand Central or Manhattan) for €1500 each and this price includes our flights.

Before I book this option, I would be grateful if any of you who have been to NY would let me know if this is a good price or will I get much better if I keep searching.

Many thanks
t

In November, I stayed in Hotel 57, around the corner from Fitzpatricks. I had considered Fitz as somewhere to stay but was put off by the prices and the dodgy looking room photos. I called into the hotel to see what I might have missed and was surprised at HOW AWFUL the place was. Worse than the photos.

There was some signs of renovation going on but it appeared dull and staid with more than a hint of paddy-whackery in evidence. This might appeal to US visitors but it put me right off. Reminded me of the sort of run-down provincial hotel you might find yourself in after a funeral. You certainly wouldn't go there out of choice.

I honestly can't see why it has the positive reputation it seems to have, particularly at the prices it has.

Back