Fitting Wooden Floors / Carpets

sinead01

hi
we've just moved into a new house and getting wooden floors downstairs and carpet upstairs. would anyone have an idea of what we could expect to pay for fitting these?
it so hard to know if you're getting a good deal or not? i know for certain anyway that the companies we are buying the carpet and floors from charge way too much to fit it themselves

can anyone help?

I got cream carpets fitted in three bedrooms, landing and stairs by Carpetright last year for E1,000 this price also included underlay which I highly recommend especially on the stairs as it gets used a lot, fitters were in and out in a few hours smashin job well happy with the result.

Oh look theres another big sale on at the moment and they do wooden flooring/laminates too.

http://www.carpetright.ie/

[broken link removed]

Good Luck

yeah we actually got our carpet from carpet right but people were saying they were too expensive to fit, especially the price of the underlay?
so did you get carpet and fitting for €1000? and of course including underlay?

sinead01 said:
yeah we actually got our carpet from carpet right but people were saying they were too expensive to fit, especially the price of the underlay?
so did you get carpet and fitting for €1000? and of course including underlay?

Everything included for E1,000 for that price if you get bored with them after a few years or they get a bit rough you can replace the whole lot again.

Good Luck

for wooden floors , the rates are as follows
laminates=14euro
semi solid=18euro
solids=25euro
the chippie

To chippie,
this prices is for fitting per sq.meter or sq.yard ?

We've decided to go for Balterio[broken link removed]
laminated flooring upstairs. It is not cheap by all means but it has a 25 yea long guarantee and a 10 year commercial one. Looks great (even better than Quick fit). Saw it initialy at World of Pine in Blanchardstown so made up our mind for it. 27 Eu I think it was for1 sq meter (fiting and underlay included).

We have Balterio down a few months now, it does look good but not as good as wood and it kind of bothers me now that its not a nutural product, i.e. wood. Its hardwearing but does scratch in extreme cases so be careful if moving heavy furniture.