Fitting car child seat

900TS

Hi,
We have a baby on the way and recently bought a Maxi-Cosi Cabrio car seat, along with the base. We had it fitted to our 1998 Corolla. However I am not entirely convinced by the fitting - they had some difficulty keeping the buckle away from the base which could lead to buckle crunch apparently.
I have 2 questions:
1. Has anyone out there used this seat with or without the base on this model/year of corolla.
2. Is there any independent place one can go to get a fitting checked - most of the baby shops don't really seem to be 'experts' ans anyway have a vested interest. The one main toyota dealer we rang just fobbed us offf with 'all seats fit that model'.

there was a report of a case in the newspapers last week about a wrongly fitted car child seat contributing to the death of a child, there had been no instruction booklet included as it was a display model that had been sold. perhaps the aa/rac might help you out?

bring it to mothercare. they will fit it for you even if you did not buy it there. Just explain you are worried and they will check it no problem. It's a great service.

I assume your car is not fitted with the IsoFix connectors which would mean you do not need to use the seat belts at all to secure the base in place?

If you are unhappy with the fit using the seat belts why not have the IsoFix connectors retro fitted to your car?

I did this with my previous car, a 1999 Audi A4 and it only cost about €250 from a main dealer.

Using the connectors you have a perfect fit every time.

Thanks for the info on retro fitting isofix - was considering this but thought it might be very expensive - not too bad though - worht investingating with Toyota garage.

Back