fitting car ariel

Walliams

I am fitting an electric ariel and because of a differance in the electrial fittings between the car and new ariel I decided to cut off the fittings and twist the wires together. Trouble is on the new ariel theres a black a green and a red wire and the car has a black a pink and a blue/red striped wire and i dont know which wires to join together. Also the new ariel has a male jack as has the one in the car is there a fitting i can get to join two male jacks. All help would be appreciated.

Also the new ariel has a male jack as has the one in the car is there a fitting i can get to join two male jacks. All help would be appreciated.

Motor factors/halfords should have an adapter to suit.

As for the wiring, you need to find out which is the +12v wire, earth and the sense wire (ie wire from stereo that send aerial up when switched on).

The new aerial should come with a wiring diagram. If you have a multimeter, you can find what the old wiring does.

Depending on where you live, could you bring it to an ICE installer.

Got the wiring sorted out and my daughter is picking up an adaptor at halfords. thanks again for your help.