Fitted wardrobes arrived with no notice.

Megan

I ordered a new wardrobe unit about 5 weeks ago and was told at the time that I would have it in 3 weeks which would have meant it should have been fitted on October 5th. i was told on the 4th that it would be the 12th but when I hadnt heard from them on the 11th I phoned to be told they were 90% sure it would be fitted on the 19th but that they would phone me Monday the 15th but no phone call and as I had a very busy week I didn't phone them. At 8.15am this morning I received a phone call from the fitters that they were loading my wardrobe and were going to fit it today. I had to put them off for a few hours to give me the time to clear the room and also to arrange with work that I could take the day off. They are here at the moment and I am wondering should I ask for some discount for the short notice with delivery. As yet I havn't heard from the shop I bought it from. The fitters are self employed and don't work for the shop. I think it is very bad form of the salesperson for not getting in touch with me.

should I ask for some discount for the short notice with delivery.

And at the same time as asking for a discount for the unexpected delivery, so could ask for a discount for the overall late delivery.
A win win.

On a serious note, at least they phoned rather than just turning up on your door step. You could have told them that it didn't suit today and to arrange an alternative fitting. I'd just be glad that they are fitted.

Hope they turn out OK, but if they don't you could ask for a discount.
They could end up paying you eventually.

Thank you for your replies. I had to go ahead with the fitting as it would have been another week before the fitters could fit them. As I had allready given my old robes and dressing to SVDP I really needed to have them fitted. I will ask for a discount and if I get it I will pass it on to SVDP too. Work is still in progress.

Update - the wardrobe is fitted and is very nice. The salesperson just phone me to know if I was happy with it - no apology or anything until I asked him why he didn't give me some notice. I will be dropping into the store tomorrow to pay him and he said he will have something for me to make up for the inconvenience he caused me today. I wonder what will that be!!!

I wonder what will that be!!!
Maybe 200 packets of rolos.

If you mention that you'll give the money to SVDP, he might be more inclined to give a discount.

Love the Rolo link!!

Do tell them you will give the refund to charity....did this years ago as I had several service issues with a company. Suggested they make a contribution to a particular charity I was doing the mini marathon for and they did (far in excess of what I would have expected!)

I went back to the store today. The sales person gave me a €50 voucher for the store which I accepted as I do want to get some bedlinen there. I will give the €50 to SVDP.