Fitted carpet

lyonsa3

Hi
I'm gettin carpets fitted to a new house I bought to let. Bought the carpet with no underlay (tring to keep costs down) in carpet right for a total of 670 euro but was very surprised to get a price for fitting of 520 euro. Total house is 3 bedroom, lounge/diner and the stairs hallway and landing.
I was told by carpet right one fitter will get the job done in less that a day!

Is this a very high price for less than a days work for 1 fitter?

I would have thought that most places offer 'free' fitting for carpet costing more than a certain amount so deffo shop around. I place the quotes on free cos its usually factored into the sale price anyway so take that into account also.

We were told that it would cost about 200 rags to fit carpt on the landing and in 3 bedrooms from carpet right as well-they also said they would be in and out in two hours-I must be in the wrong game,we should all be out fitting carpets..

On a slightly different note, are the carpet installers required to remove the offcuts when they have fitted the carpet?

I got a new carpet recently and disposed of the off cuts myself. I had not the neck to ask the fitter to take them.

I bought carpet last year in Clerys. Fitting was free and the fitter offered to take the offcuts away but suggested I have it made into a rug as it was quite large. The thing is still hanging around the place as I couldn't find anyone who makes rugs out of offcuts!

It's not a bad idea to keep a small amount of offcut. In case you damage/stain a section of carpet.

L

It's not a bad idea to keep a small amount of offcut. In case you damage/stain a section of carpet.

L

I agree with that idea or even to use as mats, but we have six bin bags of small offcuts of underlay/carpet/ grippers as well as a few large pieces of carpet. Just thought that there was a waste disposal law type thing where if you ask supplier/fitter to remove there leftover waste they would have to. Must be misinformed.

Jumbletown.ie is a great website for giving stuff away. It's based on the sound notion that's better to find reuse/pass on stuff that to dospose of it or recycle. You'd proabaly find someone who be happy to take the carpet/unserlay off you however small. I've used the site several times and found all the takers very nice.

L

Bought carpets in Carpet Right recently, two different rooms, two different fitters, two different days, both left offcuts. They told me fitting charge was 3.95 per sq mtr with a minimum charge of 50 euro applying.

Back