Fisher & Paykel Appliances

Bluebells

Has anyone experiences of Fisher & Paykel drawer dishwashers and range cooker. I was decided on the cooker because it is the only one I can find with two full ovens, but my friend was told by an electrical shop today not to touch it, and that the space in the dishwasher is very limited, won't fit large plates.
Anyone have an opinion?

We've had Fisher and Paykel fridge/freezer and dishwasher for the past year. They both look very smart. Fridge is great, works perfectly. Dishwasher a bit more problematic. The two drawer thing is a great idea - less bending, more throughput instead of waiting for a big compartment to fill up. But I've been disappointed at time with the cleaning capacity - residue on plates, etc. I'm not a dishwasher fan in general - I prefer to wash the dishes myself, mostly anyway - so I do tend to grumble. Also, we didn't have one before so I've nothing to compare it to.

You're correct about the big plates, or cups on the side shelves, they don't fit well. I find us turning on the dishwasher nearly every day as the drawer fills up quickly. I really enjoy the fact you can still load the other drawer when the first is in use. And best of all it looks great. Would only buy if the appliance is going to be in full view otherwise would go for a more reasonably priced machine.

have F&P dishwashers drawers and nothing but a headache.endless problems poor service .I know now from a little bit of internet research that the faults my machine had - mainly motor flooding- are actually common but i was told that it was unheard before and that i must be doing something wrong etc. The boss of the company that used to import them actually came to my house and lectured me for 20 mins on how to load the machine before grudgingly admitting that it might just be faulty.Also the fridges dent very easily.

I fully intended on getting 2 side by side F&P dishdrawers, and the extra wide fridge freezer, but was talked out of it by major electrical store. Salesperson basically admitted that while they were a high end product and costs to match, the quality just didn't live up to the price. Was recommended to go with Siemens instead due to better quality and longer warranty, since i wanted the real stainless steel finish on my fridge and dishwasher, and i have to say i am delighted with the Siemens stuff. They have a 70cm wide / 200 cm high fridge/freezer which looks fab, and dishwasher with same stainless steel finish, which has lots of folding racks to allow for different configuration of delph/glass, and the top rack actually lifts up to give more space in the lower plate rack to accommodate very large plates.

Sadly I concur with the feedback about the F&P dishwasher, very unforgiving about how its loaded and doesn't always wash well. However if you're very careful with loading, need only one drawer and hate bending at an angle, it's the one for you.

Still think the drawers are a fab innovation and know other manufacturers have same technology.

Have the 5 hob F&P gas hob and no problem with that (although would get an induction hob next time for ease of cleaning)