Fish

Havana

Does anyone know where to get a good selection of fish in Dublin. Most of the supermarkets don't have great choice, especially near me. I live in the south city centre.

Thanks in advance.

Or go to the fish market in Dun Laoghaire every morning. It take splace on one of the piers, the one just before the dart station and ferry port when you come from Blackrock via the coast road.

There's a fishmonger in Donnybrook (on corner beside Roy Fox's fruit and veg shop).

I also recently got fish from a guy in Marlay Park at the market there on a Saturday morning. You'd have to be there early enough though, I decided to wait until after my walk to buy something and he'd practically sold out by the time I came back an hour or so later.

Superquin also usually have a decent selection of fish if you can get to one. For south city, Sundrive might be the closest or Blackrock easier to get to.

Whatever you do don't go to Tesco, Nutgrove Shopping Centre. They have just 'upgraded' their supermarket but got rid of their fresh fish counter! All they have now is Donegal Catch etc, and a few pieces of awful looking prepacked tuna and salmon. Superquinn, Knocklyon usually put a lot of effort into the range of fish they have and the the way they display it.

Thanks folks- a trip to Howth sounds nice.

I know what you mean about Tesco. In Dundrum the didn't even have a deli counter. You could only buy sliced meats already sliced and packed!!!

Back