Fish Tanks

ludermor

I am playing aroundwith the idea of building a fish tank into the wall seperating 2 rooms. It will have to be maximun 215mm wide. Does anyone know where i can get htese types in ireland? Has anyone done this before and can they give me pros and cons

Hi ludermor, always fancied the idea of an aquarium myself, few links below to suppliers in Ireland, I'm sure there are others too.

Never really considered the in-wall option, bit too bling for an ex-corpo eot! You may have to get a custom tank, or make one yourself, plenty of advice online, including this DIY guide.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/

[broken link removed]
http://www.pet-bliss.com
[broken link removed]

we had one at work, but the tank didn't have any fish it was just for show in between 2 walls, it had the pump for air bubbles and that and looked well.

Over a weekend the tank exploded and caused about 10K worth of damage, we had the guy come in from the tank suppliers and he said that when it was installed it should have been placed on a special bedding but wasn't, so I'd be very careful doing this.

The insurance covered it but it was a big mess to get sorted out!

Newlands Garden Centre 01-4592013 supply these. They were very helpful when we visited and were able to answer any queries we had. We eventually decided to go for a wider tank coming out on one side and flush on the other. You need to be able to access the top of the tank for feeding etc.

Cheers for all the info.
Never thought about making one myself, i really dont know if that would bee a good idea!

Would anyone know of a place where they supply real wooden aquarium stands with the aquarium

Looking to sepnd round €500 - €600 in either in oak or a chocolate colour to match either the floor or sofas but don't want "wood effect"

[broken link removed]

Something like the colour in the above pic, however the site only has it available in silver. It has a smaller one of the same and ha the colour as peach, I'm guessing thats the colour of the wood of a peach tree and if anyone has dealt with them are they real wood or just wood effect ?

Thanks

Ludermor,

Was wonedering if you ever went ahead with the fish tank in the wall idea?

Also has anyone else had experience of doing this recommened methods or suppliers?

No i didnt go with it in the end, im away from home a lot so it would be too much maintenance. Sayin that i would love to do it eventually

Hi Jolly Man

Waterworld aquariums on South Frederick St, are excellent.

You might have seen their aquariums in lots of restaurants, bars etc.. around Dublin (Maos, Sousume, Brown Thomas).

They also do residential aquariums and offer great advice on the best aquarium for you, and how to maintain a healthy aquarium.

Thanks armaghman i will try them, Seems to be a lot of work to them but i am deffinitely going to fit one between my dining room and kitchen id say the best bet for it is to make it a stud wall and incase all filters and pumps within the cavity.

Hey Jolly Man, will you keep me informed how you get on as building house next year hopefully and always wanted one between rooms, have a 180L one at the moment free standing and its a good size.

Cheers

Will do, will update when i have found out more took a look at the website that armaghman recommened look very good!

Hey Jolly Man,

Did you go ahead with your in built aquarium?

Or has anyone else done this and can they recommend a supplier in the south?

Cheers

jonnyg,
Have a look at Irish Fish Forum , they have a DIY section/forum
[broken link removed]

Kilkenny Aquatics , New Ross, used to have made to measure tanks [broken link removed].
For filters , heaters etc , try Aquaristic [broken link removed]
or Zooplus http://www.zooplus.ie/

pjq

Back