First Time!

L

Lemurz

I want to start my own property pension fund but see Irish property as totally over-priced. I'm considering investing overseas, but don't have any time for the overseas agents in the newspapers. Can anybody direct me as to where I can find unbiased information/research, what locations I should be looking at, or who I should be talking to?

Tks.

Hi Lemurz

I have posted a reply to a similar question a few minutes ago and so I re-include some of that reply here ...

>> 'It really depends on your circumstances and what you're looking for. For example, are you looking for an regular income or a capital gain? A long term investment or a short term investment? Investment only or Investment with some holiday use? etc. etc.'

>> 'Picking some of the main countries and commiting the sin of over generalising ... Capital gains in some Eastern European countries are good but rental returns may be poor. Capital gains in France are average to good and rental returns are average to good (and in some cases guaranteed). Capital gains in the Spanish costas (outside of Costa del Sol) are good but rental yields appear poor ... etc.'

I think a forum such as this one is invaluable and a good place to start with any questions you may have. If you have specific questions about France, Spain or US then I will have a go of answering them and I'm sure others will also assist with these and other countries. Otherwise, a group of us set up a newsletter for French investment property and so if this interests you please drop me an email and I will forward them onto you.

Regards,
Paidi

hello Carriglee

I have read and reviewed the many comments on the subject of French property leasebacks over the last number of mths but this is my first time to contribute to the forum. I have two questions;

1. Is there any one post that summaries all key points on this issue.

2. You mentioned a French property news letter. How can I subscribe to this.

Lakeside

Hi Lakeside

I'm sure that if you do a search on this board you will find many leaseback questions answered. If not then ask and I'm sure people will be more than happy to reply. Outside of this board, a group of us has compiled a good deal of info on leasebacks in newsletters and if you want these then please pm me. Best of luck with your research.

Regards,
Paidi

Hello Carriglee

I would indeed be interested in your newsletter. How can I get a copy.

Lakeside

Hi,
I would reccomend custom house capital.
They will point you in the right direction and have some excellent pension property packages.
01 6325180.
Conor

Back