First time selling shares

D

DrRockMagic

I inherited 250 Grafton Group shares and could do with the cash so want to sell them. What is the easiest way for me to go about it? I bank with Ulsterbank.

Your shares are worth about €800. If this is your only shareholding, it would, I think be difficult to open an account with a broker. The simplest opton might be to go to the Grafton registrars, which are Capita Ireland. They can do the trade for you. Details here [broken link removed]

I contacted Capita and they informed me that they cannot do the trade for me. They said I need to go through a broker. A Goodbody online trade will cost me about 60 euro including annual fee for online a/c and commission on the one off trade. Am I likely to find a better deal eleswhere?

A friend uses national irish bank- they have lower rates than davies.
does ulster bank have any wing that do share dealing (days are linked to AIB, which is the way I use...)
In general i think one has to take some sort of hit when selling shares, it's a matter of taking the smallest hit. But not 100% on that but i'd be surprised if there is a cost free way to sell. Plus you'll have to pay some sort of caoital gains tax, i imagine too