first notice for LPT straight for the jugular

Frank

Notice today

records show you have not paid LPT.......

If you do not pay in 14 days we will make deductions from work.....

paraphrasing but seems a bit rude for a first notice.

I paid today.

Surely, that can't be the first you heard of LPT?

From Revenue LPT website

IMPORTANT!

The deadline for paying your 2016 LPT charge in full is 7th January 2016.
If you paid your LPT for 2015 by lump sum or cash payment and have not yet made arrangements to pay the 2016 charge, you need to do so as soon as possible. See "Who received a letter from Revenue?" below for further advice on what you need to do for 2016.

Revenue is writing to those who paid their 2015 LPT by deduction at source or by direct debit if there is a local authority rate change for 2016. These payment methods will automatically roll over into 2016 so no action is required. See "Who will not receive a letter from Revenue?" below for further details.

mf

first notice this year all previous years paid on a card in one lump.

Paid today from a card.

That relates to the notification in November. Are you sure you paid November last year (or more correctly, before January 7th this year). The fact you received the notice indicates they think you didn't.

Ok must have missed the notice in November if that's the case then not so much too heavy too soon.

I don't remember getting a notice mind and I tend to remember bills like this.

Not to worry paid now easy go easy go.

I pay my water by monthly deductions. In Jan. I got a letter from revenue which, to all appearances, looked like a bill for the full year charge. I rang Revenue initially they said they didn't know why I got the letter and passed me on to someone else. Eventually it transpired that it was some kind of balancing statement. When I pointed out that it looked like I hadn't paid my bill and it had put the heart across me thinking I had a big bill to pay in Jan., the girl laughed. I'm glad revenue thought it was funny:rolleyes::D .

Back